Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Soap and Synchronicity

Over the Fall Solstice, we were vending participants at this year's Symbiosis Gathering ... a transformational festival in Central California.

Once again, our space at the festival was blessed by the meeting of old friends and new.  The lovelies of Bless.ed Booch in Laguna bequeathed to us a few bottles of their newest creation:  Symbiosis Booch.  This kombucha brew is an especially high vibrational infusion they created specifically for this event! This exceptionally medicinal blend is rooted with a concentrated cocktail of wild harvested mycelium, including chaga, reishi, and cordyceps. Goji berries and golden berries from Imlak'esh Organics add a powerhouse of antioxidants, and a dash of cinnamon and mint to sweeten and cool the pallet.

(photo credit:  Bless.ed Booch)

Our challenge:  to create an equally amazing bar of soap, using their beautiful booch.  Challenge accepted!

Shortly after our arrival home from said festival, we went to work creating the essential oil blend to complement the ingredients to be used in the new soap recipe.  In the lab, I set up a sacred space and began blending ... drawing upon the ingredients in the booch and our recent festival experience for inspiration.

An afternoon of focus and intention resulted in an aromatic blend that was born from an Amber base with an evolutionary twist.  Not having an Amber oil on hand forced me to create from divine inspiration alone ... using ingredients I had on hand, loosely guided by what I knew of Amber.  The final creation:  a complex blend of champaka (wild orchid), styrax benzoin, copaiba, patchouli, geranium, coriander, cinnamon, ginger, and black pepper.  The name for this new blend, which had suddenly popped into my head as I was wrapping my soul in its aroma:  Elemental Alchemy.


Oil blend in hand, I went to work creating the soap for the lovelies at Bless.ed Booch.  Using their Symbiosis Booch as my liquid, I added ample amounts of avocado oil and cocoa butter to the batch, a pinch of Tussah Silk fibers to smooth the edges of the recipe, mica colorants to create shimmering swirls of color that dance through each bar of soap, and a generous infusion of our Elemental Alchemy Essential Oil Blend.  The end result is an evocatively luxurious bar of soap that will tantalize your senses and leave your skin feeling reborn.


While awaiting the complete curing of this batch of soap, I received an email update (yesterday) from Symbiosis Gathering, announcing their 2017 Eclipse Gathering in Southern Oregon.  Pictures don't show up in my email messages ... they haven't for as long as I've been with this particular hosting company.  For once, for this particular email message, I wanted to see the pictures ... I don't know why (I never really cared before), I just did.  So I wandered into the convoluted recesses of my email settings configurations to figure out how to make the pictures in my messages show up.  Twenty minutes later, with my settings reconfigured, I had pictures ... and thus I returned to my message from Symbi.

The message itself was nothing that I hadn't before read ... broadcast excitement over next year's gathering ... video playback of some of the highlights ... gratitude expressed over the success of this year's event ... ticket and camping and activity information ... and this ...


An advertisement for Symbiosis' 5-day immersive program ... named Elemental Alchemy.

Coincidence?  There's no such thing ... it does not exist.

Synchronicity?  Absolutely!

Tuned in to the frequency that is "right" for me?  In deed.

Elemental Alchemy ... the perfect name for this oil blend ... and the new directions in which we are headed.

No comments:

Post a Comment