Monday, January 30, 2012

16 months later ... looking back

In retrospect, quitting my full time job may very well have been one of the best decisions I have ever made in my life.
Mornings are not really the rush they used to be - I can roll out of bed, brush my teeth, and drive the kids in to school.  I have about 7 hours’ of quiet in the house before the girls come home from school - a time for errands, a shower, phone calls, etc.  I do my field trips in the afternoons.  I get a nap every day. I spend more time with the girls in the evenings.  And once they’re in bed, I’m in the studio until 12 or 1.

Much.  Less.  Stressful.
The only problem that I’ve experienced with being a WAHM [which by the way sounds so much cooler than it really is] is that whole income thing.  You see, typically peeps quit their day job to go the SE route with a nest egg or a safety net under them.  Me?  I closed my eyes and jumped. 
No parachute.
No wingman.
No nest egg to fall back upon.
Just a wing … and a prayer.
And while I cannot say that there are any signs of a Money Tree growing out of that dollar bill I planted in the back yard, I can say that I’m watching the fruits of my labors growing from the seeds of determination.  I can also say that since I am following my highest excitement, the Universe is providing me with the greatest of Abundance.  And I am happy to say that I am setting the best example ever for my children to follow.
What could be better than that?
BTW - after a years' time ... I have finally found my wingman.

xoxoxo

[the photo I found on this really cool blog site by Zero Dean ... seems he's an adventurer too]

1 comment:

  1. you make it sound easy and fun.. wonderful .. and hey, I was out back at your house the other day, I think I saw a sprout coming up already..:)

    ReplyDelete